Sunday, November 7, 2010

Delta Gamma Initiation Hazing

orchid in the birthday García Ferré

On Saturday 23 October, a group of fans, supporters and friends of Don Manuel García Ferré met with him to honor him and celebrate his birthday No. 81.

Marisa

Catania and Claudio Celada, tireless organizers of these intimate meetings, were kind enough to invite me to participate and there was very glad to see the man who gave me my first job in the world of drawing , back in 1973.


I was not alone, however: since the book came from Orchid Maiden , I had the sincere desire to give a copy, just to don Manue had l a reminder of who always remember with great affection. Late but sure, I saw that the moment had arrived and I got a Orchid under his arm.


So I took courage and gave it into their own hands, while reciting verses (what can a few glasses of wine!) he had written last year, when he was 80. Here they are:

Beginner excited,
arrived a day your company
and you had the greatness
give me a seat next to you.
So I have stepped,
and that does not forget!
Today, that time has elapsed,
like yesterday I tell you true:
Thank you, Don Manuel
García Ferré dear!


to what had been, and I suppose it's the only time in life that allowed me tutearlo, such is the respect that García wakes up in one. No privé giving me a big hug , however, as the heart sent him.


Then came a real show of the ineffable Serum Lint, where excitement and laughter to their camp by the same great voices: Lanky Neurus , Goldsilver the Boxitracio ... a luxury to have been there!


Garaycochea Carlos and Jorge de los Rios , two large, also were present, scattering wit, charm and good humor.

pleasant moments followed one another without stopping delivery to some of the present the distinction of the Order of the Teaspoon , created by the same García Ferré, the appearance of fine of dolls Lanky, Neurus the Patriarch of the Birds , etc., Exquisite birthday cake made by Marisa with candles and all ... Many good friends shared the table, including Luis Ardouin , Carlos Carella , Toni Torres , and many others I met on the spot: collectors, artisans and bloggers, well, people macanudo !
has been, without doubt, a passing moment right now to be part of my fondest memories, so thank you from my heart those who made it happen. repeat!

0 comments:

Post a Comment