Monday, February 28, 2011

Bennio Big Boob Gallary

Weekend Project: Voltmeter + Ammeter = Wattímetro

The patir source mounted to a AT is the small problem that has no indicators of current or voltage is happening. If voltage is not too serious because they are usually controlled (although in the case of +12 V or I have found that close). But I am also interested in controlling the current that went beyond whether to have a short circuit.

why I wanted to mount a meter voltage and current. After a couple of things which was home to other projects that the end had not ridden a little mechanical (dremel + lime) and some free time without having to study (that's good to be on break from uni) I got me a voltmeter and ammeter to the source.

Materials:
- Plastic

- Terminals

- voltmeter and ammeter

- 5V voltage source.

One thing to note is that both the ammeter and voltmeter request that the lands of the voltage or current measuring and feeding are referenced to the same point. If you only use the Wattímetro for this source there would be no problem in directly connect the outputs of 5V. However, it is possible that I ever want to use to measure other things so I prefer to do it myself 5V supply with a 9V external transformer floating (ungrounded) having an old machine a couple of capacitors and a 7805.







The wiring diagram is as follows (Note, the wiring is wrong in some photos):


The assembly has been and finally:



Once everything is set to take a meter and calibrated by potentiometer with the meters back.

The biggest drawback you have now is that the voltmeter is 200V full scale so the resolution is a fair bit in places. Perhaps for a future project I'll modify it to make full-scale 20V. S2



Ranganok Shahzaman

0 comments:

Post a Comment